Brimming with fresh herbs and protein-packed navy beans, this healthy take on traditional chili is a crowd pleaser. This simple recipe comes together in only 30 minutes, making it your new go-to weeknight meal.
CHICKEN WITH WHITE NAVY BEAN CHILI
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Serves: 6
- 4 cups cooked navy beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 7oz can mild green diced chilies
- 3/4 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, packed (save a couple tbsp for garnish)
- 1 lime
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, dollop
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Avocado, cubed
- In a large pot, heat a tbsp of avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add in the diced onion and cook until the onion becomes soft and translucent. Add in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, be careful to not let it burn.
- Add in the chicken broth, shredded chicken, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, green chiles, roughly chopped cilantro (leaving desired amount for garnish), and navy beans. Stir until well-combined. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover, and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!