BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN CHILI
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 2 (15 ounce) cans drained and rinsed black beans or kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- green onions, low-fat sour cream, jalapeños, hot sauce
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, peppers, and jalapeño Sauté for 2–3 min.
- Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, corn, broth, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Salt to taste. Divide into bowls and serve.